Our client is a London-based pharmaceutical consultancy whose unique approach combines scientific knowledge, a strategic mindset and creative thinking. They are seeking an experienced medical affairs specialist to help develop scientific services within their fast-growing, friendly agency. This is a hybrid role with at least 2 days per week required in their Central London office.
They provide consultancy services across content creation, events, and digital/AV, and in therapy areas including dermatology, diabetes, cardiology, nephrology, rheumatology, ophthalmology and many more. The successful candidate will enjoy working closely with clients to provide strategic counsel, as well as developing the writing team, and as part of the management team, support company growth and champion their culture.
In addition to an excellent salary, you will received bonus, pension, healthcare, high street discounts and a host of other benefits.To be considered for this role you will have significant medical communications agency experience and live withing commutable distance of their London offices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Lead the provision of scientific and strategic input on key projects and act as a senior client partner across accounts, providing a key source of expertise
- Provide support and mentorship to the scientific team, developing their skills and confidence to seek further responsibilities, and ensure that the scientific team efficiently delivers to the highest standards of quality and service
- Provide scientific and communication support to existing accounts, leading liaison with clients and KOLs on scientific content and strategic implications
- Work with other senior colleagues to ensure that appropriate objectives are set and training is in place for each team member
- Support new business development and assist and encourage organic growth of existing accounts
- Life science degree, preferably a higher degree
- Significant previous healthcare agency experience, with a strong appreciation of clients’ business needs and the ability to develop innovative solutions to their challenges
- Experience of working across the full range of medical education materials an across a number of therapy areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of running and developing a scientific team
- Hand-on attitude, able and willing to support the team
MedComms People is a specialist recruiter in medical and healthcare communications. We’ve built many long-term relationships with candidates and clients. We’re trusted recruitment partners to many leading companies, big, small, network and independent.
Our consultants are knowledgeable and professional and will be happy to offer information and advice. We are with you every step of the way, providing a supportive and communicative service that we will tailor to your unique needs.
Jon Gawley would love to hear from you on 01932 797996.
£80000 - £100000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday, bonus, pension, healthcare, high street discounts and a host of other benefits.